Entertainment Blog Directory

Monday, February 8, 2010

My PaSRBA Experience

I had a good time- I ended up going up there with Pete, Brandi and Trace from BL's Bunny Barn. Due to the bad weather, we left on Thursday. Thankfully, my boss is extremely great and allowed me to leave a half day early!

I got to see a ton of people from my favorite online forum- and I got to meet folks I've heard of or have friended on facebook, but never really met in person. I think there was a lot of amusement on both ends at accents :).

It started snowing Friday around noon, but didn't really start sticking until around 5pm or so- by Saturday, we had a delay to the start of the show and 2 feet of snow on the ground.

On to the results!


Let's see-

In the first show I took a bunch of seconds, which was expected- the poor bunnies were losing condition because they'd been in carriers and on the road since 1pm THURSDAY.

Keep's Poplar did take 1/5 in the self jr. buck class.
Keep's KTA (now known as Triton) took 1/4 in the shaded jr. buck class
Keep's Cairo (shaded sr. buck)- 2/5

Those were really the tops.

Specialty wise-

Keep's Cairo- 1/7
Keep's Epiphany (shaded sr. doe)- 2/7
Keep's Triton- 1/1- BOSG
Keep's KSA (shaded jr. doe)- 1/3- BOG
Keep's Poplar- 1/2

Is there such thing as an honorable mention for BOB? Because both my juniors got it. A little more coat and a little more flesh on them and who knows what would have happened? Maybe I flatter myself though hehe.

Sunday I only ended up showing 3- Cairo managed a miraculous 2/5ish and the two babies both got second. I was honestly shocked because at this point, they were SO out of condition. The judge mentioned the lack of flesh condition a lot. Thursday-Sunday is kind of rough on the bunnies. So, I enjoyed the PaSRBA, but I think it will be my one and only, it's just too hard on the buns.

Overall though, I'm pleased with my placings.

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am new to the show world and any information is a huge gift to me!

http://mayanhillskennel.wordpress.com/