Entertainment Blog Directory

Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Word of the Day...

is "woolies".

Right now in Dalton, GA Wooley Nationals are being held. We didn't go because of my distinct lack of babies and the desire to save money for ARBA Nationals in KY.

I did hear from a friend that showed yesterday- classes are large, competition is fierce and they are having a great time.

I came in to the rabbitry yesterday to discover two nestboxes overflowing with wool. Unfortunately it appeared most had flowed right on to the wire. Arabella presented me with three, beautiful, fed, kitcicles :(. She was willing to rebreed right away though, so I bred her back to Smooth Mover. Hopefully the third time's the charm.

Keep's Gorgeous had her first litter. Unfortunately, it was a hard birth. She's still alive and healthy, which I'm so thankful for, but her pair of babies were DOA.

Ah well, at least the does are sort of producing! It can only get better from here and we're about to have some more ladies kindle in the coming weeks.

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry

No comments: