Entertainment Blog Directory

Friday, November 2, 2007

What day is it?

We went to Atlanta yesterday, to pick up my new shipment of mini lops. I purchased 5, 4 from Sarah at Sarah's Bunny Barn and 1 from Michael at Silent Springs Rabbitry, both located in CA. Sarah also threw in another buck! So that brings us to 6 new rabbits! 3 bucks and 3 does, with the 3 does all bred to VERY nice bucks belonging to Sarah.

I am so excited about these guys, they are very nice rabbits, short with nice depth. Morning Mist, one of the chinchilla does, is a definite fatty, but she's here to live the good life making babies :D. All of them are so friendly and in such great health and condition (MM brought her own dewlap pillow for the journey! LOL).

I'm so lucky that in all the cases of shipping I've done (Lisa from Wooligans Rabbitry in CA, Sarah, Michael and Melanie & her mom LeeAnn from Lil Bit Farms in OK) have been awesome breeders. They've honestly evaluated their rabbits, provided nice pictures and have just been 100% amazing, despite any problems with shipping that arose, due to the airplane carriers.

Shipping is something that is iffy at best. Pictures lie, breeders lie (not always on purpose though!), and in general you're not always happy with what you get. Not to mention, it's a little pricey. I had to spend $103 including all taxes, plus drive 6 1/2 hours round trip to Atlanta to get the rabbits. Had I used Delta, we'd have been able to drive 20 minutes, but we'd have paid over $200 in shipping.

I'm just so happy that through Rabbit Habbit, I've come to know breeders all over the country very well and I've never been disappointed with my purchases. So, if any of my shippers read this, THANKS SO MUCH FOR BEING YOU!

To anyone considering shipping in the future, good luck! I hope all your purchases are as great as mine have been! :)

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry

No comments: