Entertainment Blog Directory

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

What is your favorite memory?

A friend of mine asked on facebook for a favorite memory from 2011.

Three stood out in my mind, but the one that meant the most to me happened almost a year ago.

In February I attended PaSRBA and I took Keep's Tryon with me .  By the end of the second day, he was a mess, showing off, trying to climb judge Donyelle, jumping in and out of the coops- generally just showing his butt in the cutest way possible.

When he failed to win BOB or BOSB (it was oh-so-close), I picked him up.  He squirmed until he was sitting on my hip just like a small child will do.  I smiled down at him and I clicked and clucked to him, just to distract him from wanting to wiggle.

He looked at me, twitched an ear and then clicked back! He chattered his teeth lightly in the same rhythm I did it, talking back to me for several minutes.  I've never felt closer to an animal than I did then.

I'm typing this trying desperately not to cry, but I have pretty much failed.

I still miss him so much.

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry

No comments: