Entertainment Blog Directory

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Heat

Lots of folks are talking about the awful heat that is battering the East Coast. We're not slated to get any relief until sometime in early August- by relief, I mean it will be 85 instead of 95.

I've seen the death tolls growing- not just rabbits, but chickens as well. People are scrambling to keep horses, goats, pigs- any livestock or pets that live outdoors cool.

I'm happy to report that my rabbits are all doing well. I've turned the AC down cooler than my preference to help combat the high-90s temperatures.

We're making sure to keep water bottles full and both Tim and I are out checking on the bunnies every little bit. We have some frozen water bottles ready to go out as well, JUST in case anyone needs it.

I hope everyone out there is able to keep their animals doing well in this heat!

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry

No comments: