Entertainment Blog Directory

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Selling Animals


It's hard to decide who to sell. So many factors go in to making a fair price for the animal, especially when it's a brood animal or a baby.

I find it even harder to let go of an animal that has made a huge impact on my herd.

I'm selling Lil Bit Farm's Zapp. This rabbit is what kept me from selling out the hollands. If not for him, I would be doing just jersey woolies, with the side project of hares. He has made beautiful babies with every doe I've bred him to. Not only that, he's given me a shot of color through the herd- I've got siamese sable babies in the box thanks to him.

I went outside to get new pictures of him and it honestly hurt my heart to hold him and think that he could be gone in 2 weeks. I've had him for over a year and a half. He means so much to me. I look at him and I know in another generation I'm going to be wishing desperately that I had him back.

Ugh. Have I mentioned lately I hate selling animals? :( I wish I could keep them all forever.

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry

1 comment:

LHHR said...

I'd take him if ya didn't live on the other side of the country! I want a bkn buck for my Holland doe :)