Entertainment Blog Directory

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009 Rabbitry Resolutions!

So, not too long ago I took a look back at my 2008 Rabbitry Resolutions. Since today is the last day of 2008, I think it's time to post what I'm going to work on in 2009!

*Keep an accurate account of money spent/earned
I've been avoiding this for a good reason- I don't want to know how much money I blow on rabbits! However, I think having an accurate set of numbers will help me cull harder!

*Grand a Keep's Doe
Ahh this one again! I'm determined! THIS year, I WILL grand a Keep's doe! Equal opportunity, no longer will the bucks shine! No longer will I get that last leg on someone ELSE'S doe! Nope, I can feel it- 2009 is gonna be the Year of the Doe in Keep's Rabbitry!

*Grand a Keep's Holland (It's been a while lol)
This one means basically- WORK HARDER ON THOSE HOLLANDS! I've taken some GREAT steps in 2008 and I've gotten some NICE looking animals. Now I need to continue to improve on those steps!

*Stop undervaluing my rabbits
I have a friend who fusses at me for this- I need to STOP selling animals so cheaply! Maybe my first resolution will help with this one too.

*Sell more woolies
I'm bad about wanting to keep ALL my woolies. Why you ask? Let's look at Tryon and Burlington. They are full brothers from a different litter. Basically, every time I've shown them together (with one exception) Tryon is 1, Burlington is 2. So obviously, I should move Burlington out, right? Erm- right...but... he's such a nice breeder! And he's a nice rabbit too! But, I've got two shaded bucks with the same pedigree- DUMB! Look for Burlington for sale for Ohio Mini Convention....hopefully.


*Move out older stock and end up with more Keep's Rabbits than others.
Again, I hope keeping monetary records helps with this one! The hollands have a decent start on this- and the woolies are about 50/50 right now.

*Improve the crowns on my Hollands
Cull, Cull, Cull, Breed, Breed, Breed!

*Cull harder
I'm loving my bodies! I just need to bring in more forward crowns with more poof!

*Get Belgian babies and promote the breed in NC!
Wow, had you told me last year I'd be promoting Belgians (which I really wasn't a fun of, until Whitney brought Bandito for me to meet), I'd have probably laughed at you. After I got Bandit, I'd have cried the blues that does are hard to find!
Well, now I've got a buck and a doe. Jasmine turns breeding age in February/March, so my plan is to have Belgians available by mid-year next year, and begin the second phase of my promotion plan! I've generated some interest, so YAY! I've got a good feeling about this one!


Happy New Year Guys! I hope this year is better than the last :).
-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry

No comments: