Entertainment Blog Directory

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Weaning Day

After having moved out five rabbits, I've got SIX empty cages (I already had one)! Well you know how I am- empty cages are just a challenge!

I weaned three litters. I also moved my tort doe back in to the rabbitry. She has a prime spot right next to the air conditioner, so hopefully she won't have any more problems with the heat.

I sexed all the kits, since I did the weaning. I've got a black doe and broken black doe in one litter, a tort doe and a siamese sable doe in the second and a sable point doe and a siamese sable buck in another- actually, it's funny, I just realized I have TWO litters that fell out that way, both in color and genders!

Keep's Encore kindled today. She had three babies, but only one made it. It figures that it's going to be a POINTED! ARGH! I moved it in to Bahama's litter. I'll give Encore another week to rest up and she'll be rebred. Now that I finally have her going, I don't want to give her a chance to be difficult again! She'll get a nice long break after this next breeding.

I've still got a few litters to wean coming up. Then it will be time to choose my keepers out of the older litters. It's a never ending cycle of weaning days, but it makes me so happy. I don't think I'll ever forget the tough time I had getting babies from my hollands, so I try not to complain about my very fertile woolies! :D

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry

No comments: