Entertainment Blog Directory

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Might As Well Breed...

The temperatures have been ridiculous so far this summer. Happily, we've hit a patch of normal temps and it is beautiful outside!

I've got several does that need to be bred or rebred. I fear that the heat will have made my bucks sterile, but since the weather has been nice a few days, I decided to go on and give them a try. I might as well, right? The worst that can happen is that they don't take and I'm in exactly the same situation as if I had waited to breed them.

I suspect I do have at least one pregnant doe though- I had forgotten I bred her and tried to rebreed- she was NOT happy and was very vocally protesting. I pulled her out and rechecked my calendar and DUH- right there it was, plain as day. She's due at the end of the month. Luckily, the second buck didn't catch her.

The rabbits have been loving this cooler weather. I'm able to turn their AC off at night and leave the windows open. It serves a duel purpose- it helps keep my power bill a little lower and it circulates fresh cool air through the building. I think they appreciate that!

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry

No comments: