Entertainment Blog Directory

Friday, June 10, 2011

More Babies!

After several not viable litters, Southland's Carson kindled 4 babies this morning! She's a first time doe that I bred at 5 1/2 months old. So far, she's doing a great job! She made a beautiful nest for her kits and seems to be taking good care of them.

I'm still fighting Bahama. She doesn't want to put her nest in a nestbox. I solved that problem by moving her to a 18 x 24 cage and putting TWO nestboxes in the back, side by side. Now she literally has no choice but to build her nest in one of them. As soon as she kindles, I'll remove the other box and put her back into a larger cage.

I've decided to permanently cut down the number of holes I have. This means in the near future I'll have some cages and some animals for sale. I also have a ton of babies that I'm going to have to sell earlier than I like to! I just can't keep them all to grow out, blah!

I'm really, really pleased with some of my juniors that are coming up. I look forward to being able to put them on the table, because WOW!

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry

No comments: