Entertainment Blog Directory

Friday, April 16, 2010

JW Nationals, Part 3

Okie dokie, so I hope you're not tired of hearing about Nationals yet!

Sunday was interesting- we had two judges per show! I did very well, with Tryon winning his class in both shows :).

There was one moment where I nearly had a heart attack!

We had a young judge named Tanner in Show B- he had Poplar and another REW buck up as the top 2 in the class- he went back and forth, back and forth. He pulled out the Standard of Perfection and compared it to the rabbits, then the rabbits to each other... and then he said "Well. Today I guess..." and of course, Poplar finished second.

As we were waiting on BOB to go up (Both Tryon and Keep's Bahama were up, having beaten out a junior doe and Lyle Creek's Jinx to get there) and we all KNEW that Caudhill's REW sr. doe would win. She was beautiful and had taken every show to this point.

Judge Tanner went through the animals and he kept glancing at my pair. Then he complimented us all on our quality and still looking at my rabbit said "But it's unanimous, today it will be the Shadeds."

I had a brief, mixed moment of OMG and REALLY? When he blushed and said "Sorry, I meant the selfs!"

I said "OH NO, you KILLED me!" to general laughter, which embarrassed him even more, but he could at least tell it was all in fun.

He killed me twice that day, once when Poplar didn't take the class and again when my shadeds had briefly taken both BOB and BOSB... only not really :).

We loaded up the carriers and headed back to the room, then had a nice dinner at Hard Rock Cafe. A few bunny friends joined us late, but we had a good time talking with them.

Then it was back to the room and yet another early bed time for us!

The next morning we loaded up the car and hit the Harley Davidson shop to get Joni's husband a souvenir. We stopped briefly in Corbin, KY, so Tim could eat at the first KFC and we arrived home around 4.

I loved Nationals- I enjoy so much seeing all the folks I only get to see once a year, IF I'm lucky.

Next year it's in RENO. We'll have to see how that works out :).

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry

No comments: