Entertainment Blog Directory

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snow at Mocksville?

The various folks from NC, SC, VA and TN have been checking and rechecking weather updates for Saturday in Mocksville, NC.

You see- last night it snowed. No gasping from the yankees! A friend in Michigan didn't even know it got cold enough in North Carolina for it to ever snow. So yes, it does- but we're often unprepared for it lol.

Anyway, they are calling for more snow in Mocksville on Saturday. The thing is, while highs today are only in the 30s, the snow is already melting from the pavement & sidewalks. Tomorrow is slated to be in the 50s, so I don't think we're going to look at a huge pile up of snow and ice. I suspect anything we get will be melted and gone by Friday evening.

Saturday morning is slated for snow however, and this is what causes the concern. With the high being 41, it should be a mixture of snow and of rain. So you have to ask yourself "How comfortable am I driving in this?"

Luckily for me, I married a "mountain boy" who learned to drive on one of the worst mountain roads in North Carolina. I think we're good to go as far as the comfort level goes.

Since it seems like driving down to Mocksville (or up, or across :-p) will be the biggest problem, I'd suggest getting a hotel if you can, or finding friends nearby to stay with. This way, you won't have to be up at 3 am driving through snow to get there. Getting home I'm *really* not anticipating being a problem, especially if they salt everywhere else the way they do here. In the past four hours, two salt trucks have gone by on the already clear roads. Better safe than sorry, I guess.

Make sure your cell phones are charged, maybe grab a blanket and a flashlight for the car just in case, and I hope to see everyone this weekend! :)

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry

No comments: