Entertainment Blog Directory

Monday, January 14, 2008

Saying Goodbye

Today, we had our first adult rabbit die in quite a while. Keep's Spectacular, a very promising, very nice looking young senior wooley passed on. He was always a small rabbit and I don't suspect illness. I think the cold and rapid weather changes were just more than his small system could handle. He was one of the pair that came in to live during our first weather drop.

I still have his sister, father and mother, so it's no tragedy of line loss, but it's never easy to lose a rabbit.

His cage will be sterilized in the morning, when there isn't risk of Tim or I getting frostbite from being out in this horrible cold, splashing in water and bleach. His water bottle and food bowl will likewise be cleaned and disinfected. Then we'll try to move on.

I still remember my first baby rabbit that died- my first DOA baby, the first adult to die- I can tell you names, colors, parents... *sigh*. Back to the drawing board.

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry

2 comments:

LilBitFarms said...

I'm so sorry Keep!

[BIG HUGS from Oklahoma]

Tabitha said...

I'm so sorry for your loss! We lost one of our dogs yesterday. It was horrible. Its the first dog I've ever lost that wasn't a day or so old puppy.