Entertainment Blog Directory

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Typing Juniors

I spent a pleasant hour after the single show I attended (well it was a double, I only stayed for Show A) going over the upcoming juniors in the barn.  It's funny, I have a ton of little babies (still with mama) and quite a few almost-senior-juniors, but the inbetween age I only have a few.

First up was DayDreamer's litter- looks like two bucks and a doe.  The tiniest buck is going to be a pet for a little girl who has been waiting patiently for one from me.  Because he's so tiny, I think he will fit the bill perfectly!  The other brother I plan to grow out- he has a beautiful body, but I'm not so sure about those ears.  He's right in the uglies age, molt and all, so I am trying to ignore them for right now.  When measured, they are still small!  The only doe in the litter is going to be a big brood doe- figures! I'm not sure if I will keep her or not.  Her mom is a brood doe, but I'm sorely lacking in does right now.  We shall see how she develops.

I checked on Puzzle's foster baby, the broken black doeling out of Rumor Has it and Panda.  Ouch.  Talk about a disappointment.  She is a rare doeling out of Panda.   Maybe Panda is just a "buck-sire", because all his boys do pretty well on the table.  This girl- very wide spread ears and a distinct lack of HQ.  She's all 'tude too! Her full brother, different litter, just beat Panda for a BOG (as a junior) today and has shown very well so far- meanwhile this little girl is...meh at best.  Since she is also heading in to uglies, I'll see what the next few weeks bring.

Snickers' doeling (Keep's Kit Kat)- the one that was sheared down by her Florida White foster siblings, is developing beautifully!  Her topline is amazing and the density to her coat is just beautiful. Unfortunately, since she's still growing everything back, that's all I really know right now.  I'd like to see a little more width, but hey, it could easily come in with time, especially since her parents are both nice animals.  I can't wait to see her continue to bloom!

That's really about it.  I've got my eye on a few upcoming babies, one or two in particular that I can't wait to evaluate.   That is really what rabbit breeding is about, isn't it?  Appreciate this generation, but always have your eye on the next one.

-Kristen

No comments: