Entertainment Blog Directory

Sunday, June 12, 2011

It worked!

Forcing Bahama to deal with TWO nestboxes has worked! She finally chose the right-hand side one and has pulled half her wool out. Now I'm just waiting on babies.

We had a mess this morning. I woke up around 6:00am to find the power wasn't working. It didn't come back on until 9:30 and there is no telling how long it was out before I woke. Luckily, I had turned off the rabbitry AC and opened the window last night so they could take advantage of the cool air after the thunderstorm. It was warm in there by the time the power came back on, but nothing they couldn't handle- and it was much better than it would have been if that window had been shut!

I rebred a doe yesterday. I'm not holding my breath that it will take, since it's been SO hot lately, but I'm hopeful. I chose the buck closest to the AC, so he has the best chance of not being heat sterile.

I have a black tort junior doe and a black junior doe (littermates) that are 9 weeks old available. I have FIVE does in that litter, so I am trying to pick just three to grow out. I hate doing this, because it's an absolute crapshoot- there is no telling what the girls will grow up to look like. They are out of W.O.'s Flirt and Keep's Tryon. I'm advertising them as pets, but will also let them go with pedigrees as a "take a chance" purchase. They must be picked up quickly though, I can't hold them until the next show, otherwise I'd just grow them out myself!

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry

No comments: