Entertainment Blog Directory

Monday, April 18, 2011

Moving out some stock

I've got to move out some stock. That's just all there is to it!

I've got the 12 beautiful, happy babies. I've got a litter of three that needs to wean from mom and a litter of three, two of which need to be separated. The third already has her own cage.

To top it all off, Oak Ridge's Avalon is nesting now! :D Don't get me wrong, it makes me very, very happy. I've got three more does during this month and then we get in to the serious Convention breedings!

That leaves me not a lot of space to work with.

Right now, I know I'll be letting BL's ? go. He's a chestnut senior buck and is a really cute looking little dude. I am gonna have to breed him to my opal doe Calypso before I let him go. He's out of McKie's Lilly and she's throwing me so many beautiful little babies... Oh wait, Calypso is a Lilly kid! Hmmm, a half sibling breeding- I think that would be a very good idea. Sorry! Rambling! I'm asking $40 for him.

Calypso's broken brother, Keep's Mini Me is already on hold and Keep's Angel is on her way out as well.

That takes care of the immediate press of cages, but I'm just going to be buying myself a little time.

So, I'll be going through the herd and making some hard decisions. I also plan on doing a major herd reduction again before Convention.

It's times like these when I really wish I could have a 100 hole barn, but I know that I really prefer to keep it under 50, even when it's hard. *SIGH*

Ahh well, my checking account will thank me, when I reduce that feed bill!

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry

No comments: