Entertainment Blog Directory

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Falling In Love

I'm getting barn blind. I know I am.

It's because I'm falling in love.

I go out to the barn and babies run to the front to say hi. Bucks stick their noses against the wire wanting me to come by and talk to them, does flick ears at me, like they are waving a sophisticated greeting.

It wasn't until I took pictures of one sweet buck that I finally saw his type for what it was and was able to look past who his parents are and his track record for wanting snuggles.

Sometimes, it would be so much easier if we could breed for sweet rabbits instead of perfectly typed ones.

*sigh* I think I need to really take the time to go over my herd again. No snuggling involved this time.

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry

2 comments:

April @ Scrambled Eggs said...

I have the same problem. Sometimes I get attached to bunnies, especially bucks, and just want to keep them for cuddling.

Keep said...

Yes!! Bucks are the ones that just love so much. There are a few does I'm attached to, but by far the bucks are the ones I never want to let go.