Entertainment Blog Directory

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Look what we saw!


One of the dogs got VERY excited, looking in to the neighbor's field.



Look what we saw! A wild bunny.

Folks always give me a funny look when I get excited over wild rabbits. Usually it's with some kind of comment like "Don't you RAISE them? You'd think you'd be used to it by now".

I can't help it. I got excited when I was little and I think I always will. Raising rabbits has made me especially sensitive to the trials their wild counterparts face. After all, we've all lost perfectly healthy, well fed, sheltered bunnies suddenly and for no reason. The wild ones survive on drinking out of whatever they can find, eating grass and raiding veggie gardens, living in whatever shelter they can find during raging storms and cold winters.

There is something so amazing about seeing a small creature playing in a world where literally EVERYTHING is out to get it. If the cats don't, the coyotes will- or the hawks, or hunters, or dogs, cars, snakes, weasels- the list goes on and on.

I dunno- I guess people can make fun of me if they want to for loving to see the wild rabbits. It doesn't bother me at all- I just can't help but admire their magic!

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry

1 comment:

Lauren said...

awww I love them too Keep :D I saw two today and I was all freaking out about it to my dad, hes like yup....theyre a lot faster than your fat ones...hahah