Entertainment Blog Directory

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Show Update

We traveled to the Columbia, South Carolina show this past Saturday. Well, it would be more accurate to say we went Friday night. We shared a room with Fayth and Lisa Young at Sugarplum Bunnies- it was so much fun! I love when I get an excuse to spend more time with my friends :D.

The hotel was actually pretty nice, it was the Riverside Inn located in Caycee- I would recommend it, it was inexpensive and clean- and SAFE! No drug deals in the parking lot, which always earns a 5 star rating in my book :).


The show started out promising- Tryon picked up another leg, even half in a molt and though Forest took 3rd of..9? I think, the judge said were he to pick a rabbit to breed to in the extremely strong self class, it would have been to the 3rd place animal. Awww!!! :) Thanks Deidre for repeating that comment to me, I sure wouldn't have wanted to miss it!

Rory took a thrilling 5/17 under Allan Ormond. I really like him as a judge, even though he wasn't a fan of my two young junior animals. You never feel like he's stretching or making up things to say about the animals- and NO ONE can ever accuse him of being color blind! A lovely blue otter and chestnut got rave reviews under him!

I think some day, I'll learn not to take molty rabbits or babies to shows. But every once in a while they surprise me- my little shaded junior buck, who has the most cottony coat right now thanks to being a baby, won his class in the second show! Wow :).

The show dragged on forever. It was 6:30 when we left, and there were still breeds being shown. In fact, hollands had just started broken senior bucks when I announced we were scratching our broken junior doe and hitting the road.

I enjoyed showing in a new area though- I met some great new folks who I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing again! Thankfully everyone I ran in to, at the tables or otherwise, were just SO friendly! I also found good homes for all the sales rabbits I took, except one little holland buck. I had originally decided to pet him out, but you know, he's REALLY shaping up to look like some kind of nice brood buck, so maybe I should hold on to him and try a breeding before I let him out the door.

OH! I got to see a squirrel wooly and a CHOCOLATE wooly! I don't see a lot of the fun colors in person and had never seen a chocolate, EVER. That was completely awesome.

Overall, I'd say it was a successful day, though we didn't bring home any of the top honors :).

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry

No comments: