Entertainment Blog Directory

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Cleaning

*whew* I'm tired.

We cleaned all the pans in the rabbitry today. Then, I pulled out three cages (2 singles and one 4 hole) for additional scrubbing.

My choice of attack is an old grill brush to loosen molted wool or fur. Usually it's been peed or pooped on, so it's usually nasty. After scraping off what we can, I get out our small propane blow torch and go to work trying to unclog the holes in the floor that have been made solid by some particularly nasty rabbit.

It takes quite a while to get the cages back where I want them sometimes. This time especially, since we were too sick the week I wanted to clean to get them done.

I take pleasure in scraping dingleberries off the bottoms of cages. Call me strange, but there is something satisfying in solving such a little problem so quickly. Plus, it's fun to seem them go flying LOL.

The does with litters make a particular mess in their cages. Soiled hay, fur from the nests scattered- ahhh good times. We try to keep on top of it as much as possible, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the does wait for us to leave and then start digging out pieces of their nest to use the bathroom on. Thank goodness for gloves!

Hopefully everyone out there has been able to keep on top of their spring cleaning! It's sure not fun when the "work" piles up :)

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry

No comments: