Entertainment Blog Directory

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dieting Rabbits

I've got four rabbits on a diet out in my rabbitry- and BOY are they mad at me!

Three does won't get pregnant, even though two of them are proven. A buck is turning into a 10 second quitter. If he doesn't catch his girl in 10 seconds, he's huffing and puffing and needs to settle down for a nice nap. Well no more.

Each have had their pellets cut out completely. Oh yes, completely. They are getting nothing but insane amounts of hay every day. For one of the does, I think this will be a very short term diet, she just needs to lose an ounce or two and get back into the baby making range.

For the other two does, this will be a two week exercise. Nothing but fresh water and hay.

I've also decided to add a little apple cider vinegar to the water in a few day's time- I didn't see much help with it in the past, but it can't hurt, so why not?

I've heard several success stories with this method. I'll definitely keep everyone posted!! One of the does really needs to be started now, or may never conceive. So keep your fingers crossed for me!

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry

No comments: