Entertainment Blog Directory

Saturday, July 24, 2010

HOT HOT HOT

I'm not just saying that either- it's obscenely hot.

At 11am this morning, it was 89 with a heat index of 99. It's set to reach 97 degrees at the hottest part of the day. Do the math on that one! ICK.

The rabbits have been getting frozen tiles and we installed the AC for their new barn in to the garage to help move the air around. It's much too small to actually cool the building, unfortunately.

The last of the adult hollands left today. Tomorrow the last two broken babies will leave to go to their new home, and I'll have only a solid baby buck left. It's nice to have a few extra cages that I can use to spread out the babies and wean litters.

We're expecting to have electricity to the barn on MONDAY! YAY!

I'm hoping a good thing to come out of the heat is perhaps it will help Lark to miss. My wonderful friend Jodi at Sugar and Spice Rabbitry is rushing some Lavender leaves out to me to help with Miss Lark. I may bring her inside when they get here and give her a day to settle in before I give them to her- that way I can more easily monitor her.

She's angry at me for being on her 1/4 cup diet of pellets. Little does she realize it's for the best!

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry

No comments: