Entertainment Blog Directory

Monday, August 31, 2009

Hellooo September

With September comes the beginning of show season! HOORAY! I can't wait, it's been so long and we start off with two fun ones back to back! :D HOORAY!


Keep's Godzilla, a smoke pearl wooly, had FIVE babies in her first litter! O-M-G. I spent all winter complaining about no babies, and now I'm getting litters of 7 out of dwarf breeds! WHAT?

I've kept up breeding because I don't want the does to settle back in to their no baby mode. It's a never ending cycle! However, thankfully I'm able to keep my lines going, I was seriously starting to worry (last winter) I'd never get babies ever again!

We lost TB's Fluffy yesterday. She was a cute black doe who didn't kindle her first breeding. I rebred her and I do think she was pregnant this time, but passed away very quickly for no apparent reason. I begin to think perhaps she retained kits last time and that led to her quick death. She had been fine while I was out grooming and within 30 minutes, Tim found her dead.

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry


1 comment:

Robin said...

Kristen, we are sorry about Fluffy. It is so hard to lose a rabbit. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Robin and Philip