Entertainment Blog Directory

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Dog Tired

Man, I'm exhausted!

We're going to be away for a bit, so Tim and I had to make sure all the cages are nice and clean to prevent a poo build up while we're gone.

MAN, that took forever! The cages with babies in them are especially poop-tacular. I'm finding it hard to do anything I had hoped to do thanks to the cage cleaning.


Keep's Chapel Hill had her first litter yesterday! Two healthy, happy babies, two DOAs. Not bad, and she seems to be very devoted to her little ones!

The other babies are getting older and that means selective moving around. I've got to decide who needs to go to a cage away from Mama and who needs to stay a little longer. We've also got babies popping out of the nestbox!

I've been so, so happy with all the babies this year. It really makes me feel good, even when I'm having to make some tough culling decisions.

I think I may have to move out Keep's Durham soon. He's a beautiful black buck with 1 leg who has been helping to make tons of babies lately. I've got so many of his offspring coming up, I don't know WHAT I'm going to do!

Ahh well, I'm too tired to worry about it right now! I've got to head back out soon and feed and water!

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry

No comments: