Entertainment Blog Directory

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Lark Update

Well, here is the long overdue update on the wooly doe bred by the belgian buck.

She never nested, never kindled. However, upon palpating her again (she's over a week overdue), I still can feel something in there. Her belly is big and she just feels pregnant in general..

I suspect that I was successful in terminating the kit(s), but unfortunately she never triggered to go in to labor and since she is eating well and active, I suspect that the kit(s) have mummified.

Just perfect.

I have two options at this point- pet her out (she's not really got a pet personality, let's be honest) or rebreed her and try to get her to pass the belgian kits. Well I suppose a third option is to put her down, but that's one I'd like to avoid if at all possible.

Eurgh.

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry

No comments: