Entertainment Blog Directory

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

We're going to Kentucky!

YAYY We're going to Kentucky for Convention in 2008. The room is reserved, the roommates are found and we're gonna start measuring the car to figure out who and what we can cram in there!

How exciting!

Yes, I'll be offering sales animals, as they are available. But of course, only presold, since our space is going to be limited.

I'm already starting to think about who I should take, what breedings I should do for Convention Juniors (I know, I plan WAY in advance). But you know, you really do need to start planning now. If you don't have a room, I suggest trying to find one NOW. They are only going to get more full as time goes by!

Roommates are a great way to cut costs! Right now, we're going to have 2 other full time roomies, and one partial- time roomie. We're all getting out for under $90. Yep, that's for 5 days!

Go on and plan your breedings now, this way you don't get caught flat-footed. You don't want to test a pair of rabbits planning on Convention juniors, only to figure out that they really didn't turn in to the cross you wanted! If you like the look of the juniors, you can always repeat the breeding for those properly aged juniors :). The age to shoot for is 5 1/2 months, up to turning 6 months the day after judging. If you're REALLY good (and lucky), you'll get that day shy of 6 months junior. Of course, if your doe goes a day or two overdue, your perfectly timed baby ends up as a senior. Oops.

I'd love to hear from anyone going to Convention! If you're from another state, I'd love to meet up, if you're someone I show with, it'll be nice to see a familiar face!

I'm going to go work on planning out my Convention some more- I don't care if it IS over 10 months away :)

-Kristen
Keep's Rabbitry

No comments: