Entertainment Blog Directory

Sunday, January 20, 2013

PTRB Show

We had the Piedmont Triad Rabbit Breeders yearly show yesterday.  This one is so much closer to my house- it was nice to get to sleep in a little while longer.

The show was great, even though Tim left the legs of my grooming table sitting in the driveway.  Luckily he didn't back over them as we were leaving and my friends let me mooch off their tables.

Keep's Poplar took a Best of Breed in Show A!   I was thrilled, and I was especially happy that Keep's Troublemaker earned his granding leg today in his class.  I had some nice placements in the first show and I won't bore you with all of them, but my bucks did me proud (I had only two does to show, both barely seniors lol).

In Show B, Keep's Tribute took Best Opposite Sex of Breed!  Keep's Catching Fire took BOSG for her senior leg- meaning she is now able to be granded as well!  Again, we had some excellent placements in Show B and I was very happy with how my herd competed against my friends and fellow exhibitors.

One thing I found funny- Keep's Mind Games and Keep's Baffle flip flopped in both shows, just like they did 2 weeks ago.  They are both so close in type, I don't know how I'll ever choose between them.

I managed to pare down my litter of five from Epiphany to only two to grow out.  Both pointed whites and a siamese sable brood buck made their way to their new homes yesterday.  Joni was teasing me about never selling young babies and truth be told, if we had had another show sooner than a month away, I probably would have held on to all five longer.  It's not that I worry about selling something that turns "too nice", but that I worry about selling something young and it goes the opposite way!

Overall, it was a wonderful show.  Now the bunnies get a break until the Youth-sponsored show in February!

-Kristen

No comments: