Entertainment Blog Directory

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Babies Born!

I had a litter born today- BL's Isis and Keep's Soot welcomed 4 healthy babies in to the world. Right now, it looks like a black otter, a pair of blue otters and a rew, though that could easily change.

I'm glad I took the time to check the nestbox. There was a fifth baby (black otter) that was stillborn. Because it was a large litter, the baby was quite warm, but if it had been a smaller litter it could have easily chilled the other babies. Not to mention as the little body decomposed, it would have caused the nestbox to become soiled and could have killed the other kits.

Always check the nestboxes!

I'm still waiting on a few other does to kindle. McKie's Lilly looks like she's planning on having a litter for me. I'm very pleased with her first kits, I can't wait to see what this next breeding turns out like.

-Kristen

No comments: